The Hospitality Hub
Work Local Shift Supervisors coordinate the daily operations prior, during, and following a shift to maintain a successful and meaningful experience for participants and partners/funders. They are in charge of creating a consistently positive customer experience. (Our Customers are participants, partners, funders, and Memphis residents).
The Shift Supervisor is on-site 1 hour prior to, during, and 30 minutes after each Work Local shift. The Shift Supervisor manages participants through sign-up, clean-up and payroll for each shift. The Shift Supervisor ensures participants’ duties are clearly stated and that participants are motivated to carry them out effectively. The Shift Supervisor must maintain a safe working environment for all participants addressing concerns and hazards immediately. The Shift Supervisor meets weekly with the Outreach Manager to discuss upcoming shifts, locations, goals, feedback. The Shift Supervisor maintains a tidy and organized workspace stocked with essential supplies while ensuring that production and service run smoothly.
Shift supervisor skills include contributing to the production strategy by knowing the business goals and how to achieve them. Ultimately, the Shift Supervisor helps maintain Work Local’s business reputation by ensuring daily duties are completed and goals are met.
Typical work hours for this position are 7 am- 3 pm, Monday-Friday, the Hospitality Hub runs programs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To best meet our mission and serve the community, we expect all staff to be flexible and willing to meet demand, respond to emergencies, or fulfill programmatic responsibilities and promises. This may include helping cover holidays, weekends, evenings, or night shifts. Staff is compensated with overtime pay for hours exceeding 40 hours a week.
While the primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below, this list is not exhaustive. Employees are expected to respond to meet additional needs and requests of the organization and managers.
Health benefits, parent leave, and generous PTO are available for all regular full-time employees. Position starts at $15/hour.
– Communicate with Outreach Manager to understand targeted locations to clean-up
– Ensure that daily goals are met
– Manage debit card payment processing following each shift
– Ensure that each participant has completed a Work Local Participant Form, liability, and photo form prior to each shift. These forms should be completed when the participant signs up but it is the responsibility of the Shift Supervisor to confirm all forms are completed prior to starting work.
– Understand and ensure all participants follow all Hub safety protocols, including COVID-19 protocols
– Fill out Work Local shift report and submit to the Outreach Manager with access given available on shared Google folder
– Resolve conflicts during shifts using de-escalation and mediation skills
– Prepare and sanitize tools and equipment prior to each shift
– Maintain and sanitize equipment and tools after each shift
– Transfer tools and equipment to and from the worksite
– Make equipment, tools and supplies requests to the Outreach Manager
– In case of a participant complaint, fill out a form and report to the Outreach Manager in the daily report and with a follow-up conversation
– In case of an accident, fill out an accident/incident form and report to the Outreach Manager in the daily report and with a follow-up conversation
– Refer ALL partner, funder and media requests or questions to the Outreach Manager
– Keep participants safe, upbeat, and on task
– Take photographs as able while on shift and share with your daily report
– If you see a blighted area not listed on your 311 ticketed area, do not clean it up but instead report it through 311
– Report any issues with equipment or vehicles to the Outreach Manager
– Current Driver’s License
– Safe Driving Record
– Previous experience as a Shift Supervisor or similar role
– Passion for creating a positive, safe, and encouraging work environment for colleagues and participants
– The ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as standing up for long hours and lifting heavy loads occasionally
– Work well within a team
– Leadership and conflict-management skills
– The ability to work consecutive hours outside or in a vehicle
– The ability to move safely over uneven terrain walking on uneven surfaces
– The ability to lift up to 50lbs.
– The ability to follow all organization COVID policies including wearing a mask
Training provided by The Hospitality Hub
– CPR/First Aid Certificate
– De-escalation and mediation training
– Up to date on all participant training and policies
– Reporting and data collection through HMIS
Unfortunately, we cannot confirm receipt of or respond to every single application. If your experience matches many but not all of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
The Hospitality Hub staff works with vulnerable populations. To maintain the health and safety of our clients and guests, we require that all individuals who are offered a position at The Hub must complete a background check and must be Covid vaccinated. Results of the background check, and other tests may not necessarily disqualify candidates from being hired.
The Hospitality Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Hub is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Hub are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, source of income, housing status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Hub will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. The Hub encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people of all ages to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.hospitalityhub.org.