Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you! We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
With an emphasis on volunteer engagement, the Volunteer and Donor Engagement Coordinator is responsible for promoting Youth Villages’ programs, activities and events to interested parties in the community with the goal of engaging them in supporting our Volunteer Program and mission and eventually stewarding them to a financial investment.
- Manage current groups of volunteers (individual, corporate, civic, event, other, etc.)
- Recruit and contact prospective volunteers for on-going opportunities
- Solicit in-kind donations for programs and fundraising events including Backpack Heroes, Holiday Heroes, Soup Sunday, YV 5K & 10 Miler, etc.
- Respond timely (within one business day) to address/resolve Volunteer Program issues
- Engage, train and place volunteers
- Participate in community Volunteer/Service Fairs
- Coordinate volunteer service projects with corporate groups
- Plan annual Volunteer Appreciation banquet/event
- Conduct tours and make public presentations as needed
- Conduct refresher courses, trainings, evaluations and surveys
- Create new opportunities for volunteer engagement
- Recruit volunteers and donors for events benefiting Youth Villages for Backpack Heroes, Holiday Heroes, Soup Sunday, YV 5K & 10 Miler, etc.
- Recruit volunteers and donors for Youth Villages “Heroes” seasonal campaigns
- Process and distribute in-kind donations and send in-kind receipts
- Enter new volunteer contacts in Salesforce (Youth Villages database)
- Enter and track volunteer activities and hours in Salesforce
- Thank volunteers and corporate groups in a timely manner
- Oversee adherence to and compliance with the Volunteer Program policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Youth Villages Communications team for PR needs (stories, photos, videos)
- Actively participate in the Development team’s success in reaching annual goals
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served
- Associates degree (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred)
- High degree of professionalism
- High level of creativity to plan activities to engage both adult volunteers and YV youth
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some evening and weekend hours
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to work with diverse groups of volunteers
- High degree of project management of multiple individual and group volunteer projects
- Excellent customer service in communicating with internal and external customers
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, timely and accurately
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Must be able to participate in physical activities including lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Affordable access to medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement savings pension plan, 401k and FSA
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- 12 sick days annually
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
To apply for this job please visit careers-youthvillages.icims.com.