Website Memphis Athletic Minisitries
Founded in 1998, Memphis Athletic Ministries (MAM) exists to coach, grow, and lead the youth of Memphis by
helping them discover their identity in Christ and their purpose in the community. MAM’s vision is to see
identity found, hope restored, and lives changed. MAM serves more than 1,800 youth through year-round
Christ-centered sports and afterschool programming.
Founded in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve
their potential by providing them with coaches trained in positive youth development. They do this by
identifying, training, and supporting coaches in their communities who bring sports-based youth development
to the most underserved communities. The Up2Us Coach and Up2Us Training programs empower youth-based
organizations across the country to become a united force for meaningful change.
Contract Start Date: August 1, 2022; Contract End Date: June 30, 2023
Weekly Service Hours: 27 hours a week; Total Hours to Accumulate: 1200 hours
Two Weeks Living Allowance (before taxes): $810
Education Grant at Contract Completion: $4,500
Health Benefits: Full Individual Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. No Premiums. Low Deductibles.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Up2Us Coaches serving through AmeriCorps must complete their assigned term of service listed above, not
to exceed a 12-month period. During the term of service, the coach will serve in a direct service role.
Must do the following:
● Give general oversight to all aspects of our youth outreach including recreation/sports programs, small
groups, outreach opportunities, field trips, and volunteers.
● To grow your designated age group in reach and in depth as a youth coach.
● Be able to organize and implement effective small group activities in order to engage and challenge
students to a passionate commitment to loving others.
● An interest to use sports as a connecting point with kids (playing and coaching).
● Be able to vary the methods necessary, to meet the needs of MAM.
● Be able to develop a relationship with the parents of our students in such a way that not only do they
feel informed and included in the MAM program, but challenged to see MAM as a support for parents
to educate their children and prepare them for life.
● Be able to work with others and through others by recruiting, equipping, and encouraging.
Additionally, the AmeriCorps Up2Us Coach will:
● Encourage participants to gain and develop life skills, knowledge, and techniques through sports, using
lessons learned at Up2Us Sports’ best-in-class training events
● Perform data collection activities, as directed by your Up2Us Sports Program Manager
● Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the community and youth served
Up2Us AmeriCorps Coaches must complete the following requirements to ensure successful
completion of the AmeriCorps program:
● Completion of the minimum required hours of service and training by last day of coach contract
● Attendance at the Up2Us Coach orientation
● Completion of bi-weekly timesheets
● Attendance at a day of service (typically MLK Holiday Weekend)
● Attend/participate in Up2Us Sports trainings, meetings, and coach developments
● Attend/participate in Coach Training Institute
Uniform Policy: Coaches must wear Up2Us Sports branded t-shirts provided by Up2Us Sports with
AmeriCorps logo when coaching and at program sessions and events.
Member Eligibility & Qualifications:
● AmeriCorps is open to U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
● Members must be 18 years old, or 17 with written parental/guardian consent.
● Members must have, or be working toward a High School diploma, GED, or its equivalent.
Restrictions on Eligibility for Benefits
If a candidate has participated in Two full-time service terms or their equivalent, the candidate will be
ineligible for a third Education Award or other in-service and after-service benefits.
Additionally, a candidate cannot serve if:
● Failed to disclose to Up2Us Sports any history of having been released for compelling personal
circumstances or for cause from another AmeriCorps program, this will render him/her ineligible to
receive the Education Award and may render the Coach ineligible for service with the Program.
● Released for cause from another AmeriCorps program but was released having performed satisfactorily,
the candidate may still be eligible for participation in the Program. However, this eligibility does not
guarantee selection or placement.
● Served four AmeriCorps National Direct or State service terms previously, regardless of whether those
terms were served on a full or part-time basis. The candidate is ineligible to serve after four terms.
About AmeriCorps State and National:
AmeriCorps State and National programs provide thousands of Americans each year the opportunity to improve the
lives of their fellow citizens through service. Funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service (CNCS), a
federal agency, AmeriCorps works hand in hand with local partners, tapping the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the
American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation. CNCS invests in thousands of
nonprofit and faith-based groups that are making a difference across the country. Up2Us Sports is a proud member of
the AmeriCorps community. AmeriCorps members are not employees of the Program or of the federal government. The
definition of “participant” in the National and Community Service Act of 1990 as amended applies to AmeriCorps
members. As such, “a participant (member) shall not be considered to be an employee of the Program in which the
participant (member) is enrolled” ((42 U.S.C. 12511(30) (B)). Moreover, members are not allowed to perform an
employee’s duties or otherwise displace employees, and therefore generally not eligible to receive unemployment
To apply for this job please visit www.jotform.com.