Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
As an Operations Intern, you will assist in leading and affecting the input/output of our employees’ production. You will work with the operations command center in order to make the best business decisions. Responsibilities may include, processing multiple demands to enhance Distribution Center’s output, conducting follow up meetings and being pro-active in assessing the quality of work performed by employees. You will be required to provide your team with proper procedures and resources needed to attain results. In this role you will learn to understand basic departmental budgeting processes, update Production/Status Reports daily, prioritizing deliverables, influencing across teams, ability to learn concepts quickly, critical thinking skills, time management and over all team player. You will be asked to maintain a high level of floor presence in order to direct the flow of work and make the necessary movement of the team. You will attend workflow meetings to plan strategy, discuss findings and share best practices with teammates.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 or Spring/Summer 2023
- Knowledge of automated distribution systems, departmental budgets, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- PC skills required, experience with Excel, Word, SAP, DCMS and Kronos would be a plus.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead and impact others to accomplish objectives
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others’ ideas, motivate employees, develop and maintain working relationships and stay passionate.
- Must understand and foster a diverse team
Application Deadline: October 8th, 2021 at 11:59pm PST
Please submit your resume as a PDF!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.