The Talent and Human Resources Assistant will support the overall HR function, recruiting processes and initiatives, and perform administrative tasks to ensure effective data and records management, internal and external communications, and overall HR operations. This position is highly organized, detail-oriented, maintains the highest level of integrity, and embraces technology to solve problems and maintain accurate and efficient systems and protocols.
- Screens applications and resumes, scheduling and conducting initial interviews, assist in selection, and coordinate follow-up interviews, candidate travel and offer letters;
- Assists with coordinating job fairs, networking events, and other recruiting events;
- Organize employment requisitions and job descriptions sent from hiring managers;
- Assists with posting open positions on various job sites, maintaining digital records, and able to compile statistical data using MicroSoft Excel in order to measure effectiveness, including time-to-fill, employee referral program success, and other departmental activations or initiatives;
- Conduct phone screens and gathers information regarding education, experience, training, and job skills.
- Assists with organizing new hire orientation and onboarding new hires;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation;
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate HR management or VPHR;
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records;
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately;
- Provides administrative support to the recruiting and human resource teams;
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and other activations;
- Utilizes and maintains calendars for all recruiting and human resource team members;
- Assist with game night responsibilities;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related degree program plus two years of work experience in corporate recruiting or HR or equivalent experience
- Technically adept in the latest digital coupled with strong computer knowledge using Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems, including iCIMS, UltiPro UKG, and other human resource information systems (HRIS).
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and partnerships with cross-functional work teams.
- Proven ability to work with confidential information while exercising sound judgement and decision making
- Skilled in developing relationships and working with hiring managers
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of employee work groups
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized with good coordinating and project management skills
- Acute sense of urgency, responsiveness to department needs, and ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Knowledge of and a passion for sports and entertainment industry.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
All newly hired Grizzlies employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. All religious, medical or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit careers-grizzlies.icims.com.