Website Peer Power Foundation
Peer Power Foundation is a non-profit organization that recruits high performing individuals to tutor and mentor middle and high school students. Our goal is to invest in youth, help them become academically and socially successful. We want to employ outstanding college students, who want to improve students’ lives and ultimately our community.
The purpose of a Success Coach is to help young individuals become responsible, respectful, resourceful, and capable students. Responsibilities include hands-on tutoring, re-teaching, and mentoring students. This position will help you develop skills in leadership, communication and a proclivity for action. Success Coaches work directly in the classroom during the school hours.
- Support student learning through academic tutoring in a classroom setting
- Mentor and motivate students to actively participate in classroom learning
- Have a clear understanding of class learning goals
- Prepare for each day by reviewing upcoming lesson content
- Create engaging content-based activities and games that enrich student learning
- Maintain Success Coach notebook and weekly reflection journal
- Attend summer training and monthly training seminars
- Maintain professional behavior as a representative of Peer Power
- Available to work 9-29 hours per week
- Available to work at least 3 hours per shift
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA (submission of unofficial transcript required)
- Demonstrate competency in high school core subjects (Algebra, Geometry, Biology, English Language Arts, and U.S. History)
- Must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate level academic program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Professional Behavior is expected at all times.
All applicants are subject to various background checks.
Work Days: Monday through Friday and occasional Saturday
Work Shifts (example): Mornings: 7:30-11:00 or 8:00-11:30 or Afternoons 11:00-2:30 or 11:30-3:30
Schedule: minimum 9 hours; maximum of 29 hours excluding Saturdays
Structure: Tutoring will be in teams comprised of 2-3 college Success Coaches and 1 Faculty Teacher
Location: Schools in Memphis and Shelby County
Starting Salary: $16.50 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.surveymonkey.com.