Social & Digital Content Strategist
Website Memphis Grizzlies
The Memphis Grizzlies are seeking a Social & Digital Content Strategist who will serve as a dedicated digital and social media liaison tasked with increasing authentic fan engagement, as well as reach for our sponsors across all of our brands – Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Hustle, FedExForum, Grizz Gaming, and Grind City Media. In addition, they will manage the FedExForum social accounts. This individual will work with sponsorship, marketing, ticket sales and other departments to proactively assist with organic promotions, programs and content for each team, with a keen focus on partner content performance, sales and lead generation. They should possess strong understanding of social and digital platforms, analytical skills, and knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing.
The Social & Digital Content Strategist will understand the demographics of our fans, their journeys as they interact with our brands, and the drivers that influence them to purchase.
In This Role You Will
- Work with the Grizzlies digital, ticketing and sponsorship teams to achieve organizational sales and corporate partnership objectives while deploying authentic measurable content that our fan bases want to consume.
- Manage partner/sponsor and sales editorial calendar planning and assist with digital/social content creation for Memphis Grizzlies, Grind City Media, Memphis Hustle, FedExForum and GrizzGaming.
- Collaborate with other social and digital content team members to maintain brand and social voice, create and distribute content that is inspiring and entertaining for fans, integrates partners and ultimately driving business measurable results.
- Responsible for bringing innovative thinking to the team and managing deliverables in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to partner content ideation meetings to help retain and grow sponsorship revenue.
FedExForum Social Channel Management
- Manage FedExForum social accounts through content creation and show coverage to promote shows and events.
- Work with various departments to ideate new ways to promote upcoming shows and events.
- Monitor fan sentiment and interactions for FedExForum social channels.
- Work with the Business Analytics team to drive in-depth social and digital content analyses.
- Assist in calculating and sharing measurement of promotional and sponsorship content through Grizzlies social and digital channels.
- Lead departments in tracking and finding ways to increase partner ROI while increasing Grizzlies KPI metrics through creation of authentic, innovative, and integrated content on social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with all Grizzlies departments, as well as other communications, marketing and community engagement leaders.
- Oversee and manage the Social & Digital Content Analytics Fellow in content strategy, social analytics, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience across digital and social media including partnership/sponsorship strategy, digital marketing, social media and/or a related field within high-paced, demanding professional setting. Agency experience acceptable.
- Experience in social and digital analytics.
- High level of business acumen, creative problem-solving abilities, and professionalism.
- Tremendous teamwork and collaborative spirit coupled with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience working within an integrated digital marketing team.
- Experience with professional or collegiate sports is encouraged.
- Results-driven mindset and approach that seeks to deliver incremental sales and value for partners.
- Self-motivated and solutions oriented.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
- The capacity to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
Nice to Have:
- Proficient in digital and social media platforms.
- Proficient in paid social tactics.
- Ability to create storyboard creative concepts for digital content.
- Ability to work across multiple functions / departments to achieve consensus drive positive results.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish on short timelines.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Free parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Paternity Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
Connect With Us!
To apply for this job please visit careers-grizzlies.icims.com.