Website Streets Ministries
Streets Ministries is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization with two sites located in some of Memphis’ toughest
neighborhoods. Founded in 1987, STREETS now serves nearly 400 students a day providing opportunities and
resources to help them find their path to academic, spiritual, and physical achievement. For more information,
please visit our website at streetsministries.org.
Job Title: Part-Time Staff
Reports to: Recreation Coordinator
Job Summary: Part-Time Staff help keep STREETS fun and safe for the members we serve. You maintain the
Streets Ministries’ facility in a way that welcomes students into the building. Most importantly, you engage members
and guests in a way that resolves conflict, shares the mission of STREETS and the Good News of the Gospel.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Interact with members during recreation time positively
• Observe and help maintain approved behavior by members and guest in designated spaces
• Encourage members to participate in any of the many activities
• Attend local school events and lunches
• Wear appropriate clothing and name tag to be recognizable to members and guests
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Recreation Coordinator and Site Director
• Promote the mission at all times
• Help set up and participate in block parties, bible studies, and other events as requested
• Set up for daily operations
• Complete cleaning detail at the end of the day
• Report or address facility issues (fill paper towel dispenser, replace blown light bulbs, report hole in the
– Perform minor maintenance repairs
• Check-in participants and guests and answer the phone
• Complete additional duties as required
• Education – Currently enrolled in college/university preferred
• Leadership – Ability to relate and connect with students; ability to work hard, independently, and
• Spiritual – Agree to Statement of Faith; maintain high moral standards personally and professionally
• Social – US citizen or proof of Right to Work; pass background check
• Must be able to stand for 4 hours
• Position may require occasionally lifting objects of 10 to 25 lbs
In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
All duties are to be performed within the safety protocols established by STREETS to prevent the spread of COVID-
19. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit streets.cloud9strategies.com.