Coaching for Literacy
Coaching for Literacy uses the power of sports to raise awareness about the problem of illiteracy and financial support for literacy programs serving students in grades kindergarten through third grade. We are connectors bringing individuals closer to the issue of illiteracy, with a core belief that literacy is a fundamental right of every individual.
The Program Intern will assist the Program Manager and Operations Manager in executing the #Fight4Literacy Season through partner coordination, written and verbal communication, as well as asset creation. The intern will help support partner relationships and help to identify new partners to support the campaign.
Our staff will enable the intern to apply their creativity and ideas to Coaching for Literacy’s work while teaching an approach focused on the structure and organization needed to accomplish the #Fight4Literacy initiative.
• Coordinate kits worn by #Fight4Literacy ambassadors
• Manage business partner needs, to include PR/Marketing needs, promotional materials, etc.
• Create digital marketing assets and collateral
• Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Understand the overall mission of Coaching for Literacy, including the brand, goals, and all other aspects of the organization
• Other projects as assigned
Minimum 15 hours of time commitment a week. Intern will collaborate directly with the Program and Operations Managers.
• Advanced technological skills – including Microsoft Suite and Canva. Bonus point for experience with Asana (or other project management platform/s)
• Social media marketing skills/experience
• Online engagement
• Written and Verbal communication
• Team player
Location: Coaching for Literacy Office (6070 Poplar Ave Ste 150 Memphis TN 38119)
All interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.