AutoZone’s Payroll Specialist provides a variety of payroll and financial support using initiative and an intermediate knowledge of applicable skills, methods and practices, chooses appropriate alternatives from among pre-defined policies and procedures to complete mainly routine work that involved standard problems and decisions. Applies industry and professional standards. AutoZone policy and procedure, federal and state laws and other regulations. Provides administrative and /or clerical support.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Completes and maintains transactions in enterprise system
- Reviews, ensures approval, prepares, processes, reconciles and provides support as appropriate for transactions such as time corrections and off cycle payment requests
- Troubleshoots inquiries and issues, performing research and making corrections as needed and coordinating escalations when needed
- Obtains additional information by phone, US mail or e-mail from customers/vendors; corrects or escalates
- Maintains documentation of processes
- Enters information into HCM and other payroll-related systems
- Completes other administrative and clerical activities as assigned
- High school diploma or the equivalent required. Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- 0-2 years accounting &/or bookkeeping experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Payroll, Customer Service or General Office required
- Proficiency in computer skills and in the use of spreadsheet and work processing software
To apply for this job please visit careers.autozone.com.