Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Handle the loading, unloading, and delivering procedures necessary to transport cylinder gases and hard goods to area branches and plants.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water, and others as required.
- May perform emergency roadside repairs such as light bulb replacements.
- Secures cargo prior to and during transit.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Lay over trips both in and outside of region boundaries/out of state
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One (1) year driving experience.
- CDL A with HAZMAT.
- Employee must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by the DOT.
- Clean MVR driving record.
- Verifiable commercial driver experience within the past four years.
- Cryogenic/Tanker experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on concrete for an extended period of time, bend, use hands and arms, must be able to handle cylinders regularly weighing 150 pounds, up to a maximum of 600 pounds. The employee also occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and hazardous materials and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Hourly, Non-Exempt Employee
High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.