Job Title: Intern Marketing & Communications
Job Requisition Number: RC418565
Pay Type: Non-exempt
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
United StatesAre you ready for your career to take flight with FedEx? Join us for our 10-week internship program where you work on real-world projects, collaborate with team members and have fun along the way. At FedEx, our internship program is for college students who are pursing either an undergraduate or graduate degree. As a FedEx intern, you will be working on projects directly related to your degree getting you valuable, real-world experience. Our culture at FedEx, is putting people first. We promote growth and opportunity for all of our employees. FedEx interns will also have the opportunity to participate in several organized events including community service, executive speaking engagements, and networking opportunities. Deliver what’s next in your career with FedEx by applying today!Job Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree.
- Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, User Experience & Interaction Design, Master of Design, Anthropology, Design Methods. Creative Design, Human Computer Interaction, Advertising, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Sports Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Communications or other related majors.
This internship is a full-time internship opportunity from June 6, 2021 to August 12, 2021. This position will be located in the Memphis, TN area.
Students who are extended an internship offer with FedEx alongside their manager and team will work on projects that will have a real impact on our company. Interns will learn about all aspects of marketing and communications work.
Want to learn more?
Check out our videos and resources at http://marketingcareers.fedex.com/ for more information about FedEx Marketing and Internships.
What are we looking for in a summer intern?
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience developing marketing and digital content.
- Knowledge and experience with design thinking.
- Knowledge of user experience with websites and interfaces.
- Marketing, consulting, project management, or strategy experience.
Also have the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and initiative
- Ability to think outside the box
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Leadership skills
- Relationship building
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to be flexible
- Project and product management skills.
Make sure your resume has the following information:
- College address and permanent home address
- Permanent email address
- Telephone number
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate)
- Major and/or minor
- Overall GPA
- Major GPA
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year)
This position will be located in the Memphis, TN area
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation and housing assistance will not be available for an internship.
Salary: $22/hour for undergraduates, $24/hour for graduate students
What are the next steps?
- Interviews typically occur between November-December.
- Offers are typically extended between December-January.
- Internship will occur June 6 – August 12.
Additional Helpful Information:
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or first year Masters program in one of the following: Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, User Experience & Interaction Design, Master of Design, Anthropology, Design Methods. Creative Design, Human Computer Interaction, Advertising, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or other related business major.
- Students currently enrolled in a similar graduate level program may also be considered.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
For Undergraduate internships: The company does not offer immigration sponsorship for the permanent position(s) that will be offered to successful interns who are hired into the Foundations Program.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.