Job Title: Intern Finance
Job Requisition Number: RC418609
Pay Type: Non-exempt
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
United StatesAre ready for your career to take flight with FedEx? Join us for our 10-week internship program where you work on real-world projects, collaborate with team members, and have fun along the way. At FedEx, our internship program is for college students who are pursing either an undergraduate or graduate degree. As a FedEx intern, you will be working on projects directly related to your degree getting you valuable, real-world experience. Our culture at FedEx, is putting people first. We promote growth and opportunity for all of our employees. FedEx interns will also have the opportunity to participate in several organized events including community service, executive speaking engagements, and networking opportunities. Deliver what’s next in your career with FedEx by applying today!Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Completion of an undergraduate degree OR currently enrolled graduate student majoring in Business, Finance, Strategy, Management Information Systems, or other related discipline
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2022 to August 2022. This position will be domiciled in the Memphis, TN area.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will assist with financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and ad hoc business analysis. The intern will analyze data, identify trends, provide analysis and data-driven recommendations.
What are we looking for in a summer intern?
- Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, finance, operations, or economics.
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation, collaborative, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Some knowledge of marketing, consulting, project management, and/or strategy.
- Critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong initiative, personal drive, and demonstrated leadership.
- Flexibility, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ideally, a student should be graduating within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment.
Make sure your resume has the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number
The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
What are the next steps?
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
This position can be domiciled in the Memphis, TN area.
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation assistance not available.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.