Provide analytical support to Finance with concentration on ancillary business analytics, ticketing analytics and League reporting and oversight of basketball operations transactional reporting.
- Work closely with other departments to support accurate analysis and drive long-term insights and support decision-making in ancillary business initiatives;
- Provide strategic recommendations based on analysis in a clear and visually-compelling nature;
- Measure, track, and report on key performance indicators across revenue channels;
- Develop metrics and models to analyse ancillary business performance – Food & Beverage, Merchandise, and Parking;
- Analyse ticket data, identifying ticket receivable balance, ticket deferrals and bad debt. Also identifying possible enhancements / controls to the current processes;
- Provide analysis of League reports by Teams helping to identify ways to improve profitability and cash flow of our Team;
- Success in this role requires excellent data and analysis skills, including the ability to work with a mid-to-large scale customer database and other datasets;
- Assist with various League required reports / forecasts;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review of assigned Basketball Operations transaction detail including oversight of budget to actual comparison and analytics;
- Provide Manager of Logistics and other Department Heads transactional reports on a regular basis Quarterly provide a forecast for Basketball Operations, presenting to Department Heads and Finance Team;
- Preparation of Basketball Operations detail annual budget;
- Monitor contracts and commitments of Basketball Operations;
- Demonstrate quality work that is accurate, thorough and efficient. Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, accounting, finance or related discipline;
- At least two years of experience in financial analytics;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and collaboratively with non-financial colleagues;
- Ability to give guidance and influence others that are not direct reports;
- Possess a mind-set to utilize technology to increase efficiencies;
- Willingness to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines;
- Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, databases and accounting applications;
- Ability to prioritize and handle conflicting deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Experience working with Salesforce, KORE Software, or related CRM applications.
- Experience with SQL, database strategy and Tableau (or other data visualization platforms).
- Working knowledge of professional sports from a financial perspective.
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
All newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. All religious, medical or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit careers-grizzlies.icims.com.