The Fellow, Business Strategy & Analytics will support all business insights and data-related activities for the Memphis Grizzlies organization. This is a 12-month paid fellowship program that is perfectly suited for a highly motivated, analytical individual new to their career in the sports and entertainment industry.
The scope of this position will cover several lines of business, including but not limited to Ticket Sales and Service, Marketing, and Partnership Marketing. This individual will support the work of analysts embedded within these respective departments and the Director, Business Strategy & Analytics.
This work will also incorporate all of the organization’s respective brands: Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Hustle, FedExForum, Grizz Gaming, and Grind City Media. The fellowship program will offer a rapid business learning experience inside a professional sports and entertainment organization.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for all things data, a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, and a collaborative mindset in working with others.
- Serve as a proactive team player alongside the Business Strategy & Analytics department to further enhance internal processes and drive in-depth analyses.
- Design, document, and professionally distribute reporting related to the business and revenue performance of the Memphis Grizzlies and respective brands.
- Participate in overall data understanding and organization, highlighted by continued organizational adoption of data warehouse technologies.
- Assist in the administration and strategy associated with CRM sales tools, including but not limited to user training, campaign setup, and data integrations.
- Collaborate with the partnership marketing team on audience research, strategic opportunities, and data-related materials on behalf of such partners.
- Support marketing stakeholders in the fields of email marketing, A/B testing, digital analytics, app engagement, and other channel data considerations.
- Enhance ticket sales and service insights, collaborating in such spaces as inventory management, dynamic pricing, and secondary market analysis.
- Participate in recurring engagement opportunities with technology partners such as Salesforce, KORE Software, Ticketmaster, YouGov, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Previous internship or project-related experience in partnerships, marketing, research, strategy, advertising, business intelligence, analytics, or related fields.
- Highly motivated to grow and learn in business analytics.
- Strong communication skills with manager(s), analysts, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of the professional sports and entertainment industry.
- Master’s degree in core related fields listed above.
- Any experience working with Salesforce, KORE Software, or related CRM applications.
- Any experience with SQL, database strategy, and Tableau (or other data visualization platforms).
- Any experience working with Ticketmaster, YouGov, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or related tools in ticketing, syndicated market research, and email marketing.
- Any work, internship or project-based experience in the professional sports and entertainment industry.
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
All newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. All religious, medical or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit careers-grizzlies.icims.com.