Website ALSAC/St. Jude
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we’re calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our fall program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: September 23, 2022
- End Date: December 9, 2022
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: Headquarters Office in Memphis, TN
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Talent Acquisition Team at ALSAC is responsible for attracting, recruiting, and hiring talent for the organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic tech savvy student that is interested in learning and using your talents to help us achieve our internship recruitment goals. You will participate in planning, implementation, and coordination with our Internship Program Lead to execute recruitment initiatives.
- Assist with college recruiting outreach via LinkedIn and Handshake.
- Attend local Memphis career and internship fairs.
- Publish job posting in recruiting platforms.
- Assist with amplifying internship careers webpage.
- Lead an Intern Photo and Video Shoot on campus.
- Assist with social media content creation for LinkedIn.
- Build a bi-weekly intern email newsletter.
- Research recruitment marketing trends.
- Meet with teams in human resources to gain knowledge of operations within compensation, benefits, learning organizational development, payroll, and HRIS.
Skills Preferred: Communication, collaboration, creative, interpersonal, social media, digital, project management, tech savvy, content creation, photography, presentations.
Majors Preferred: Human Resources, Marketing, Social Media, Advertising, Business Management, Communications, Digital, or any other related field of study.
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manager. Final candidates will be selected by September 2, 2022.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern.
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.
To apply for this job please visit alsacstjude.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.