Kappa Delta Foundation
Donor Relations Coordinator
KAPPA DELTA FOUNDATION
Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Supervisor: Associate Director of Communications
Location: Kappa Delta National Headquarters, Memphis, Tennessee
The Donor Relations Coordinator supports the foundation’s fundraising efforts by designing and managing donor stewardship strategies that maximize, recognize and celebrate support. Position manages the development, coordination, and execution of a comprehensive stewardship and retention program for donors at all levels (first time, annual, mid-level, major and planned gift donors). Position researches best practices and collaborates with foundation advancement officers and sorority staff members to determine the best strategies for effective stewardship of donors, creating a gratifying gift experience for all donors in support of the Kappa Delta Foundation’s mission. Position ensures donor acknowledgments and stewardship initiatives communicate the impact of donors’ investments and recognize the donor’s relationship with Kappa Delta with the goal of building and strengthening relationships with donors, volunteers and supporters. Position provides excellent relationship management and prompt follow-up.
Donor Acknowledgement and Retention
- Oversee the proper acknowledgement of donations by drafting thank-you letters, greeting cards, memos, newsletters, reports and making timely touch points. Responsibilities include:Write and send thank you letters to accompany each appeal letter
- Write and send quarterly email from executive director
- Write and send (print and electronically) quarterly newsletter- Diamond Digest
- Write, edit and provide design direction for annual report
- Write, edit and provide design direction for biennial impact report
- Coordinate the production and distribution of customized donor recognition pieces and gifts
- Manage donor wall updates through accurate data retrieval, donor permission and proper name formatting, and vendor management
- Collaborate with programs coordinator to collect recipient thank you notes to send to scholarship donors
- Write and send annual scholarship fund update letters to scholarship donors
- Manage planning and execution for donor events, virtual and in person
- Create special recognition unique to donors giving for various campaigns or fundraising efforts, like Giving Tuesday
- Make donor thank you calls
- Plan special events and recognition activities, including composition of event materials, publicity, and event logistics, such as: National Convention, Campaign events, or others
- Coordinate the creation of custom video messages, progress reports, acknowledgement letters, donor walls and recognition, special events and other communications
- Develop and execute plan to retain first time donors
- Create and deploy donor surveys
- Plan and execute donor experience at National Convention and other national events
- Coordinate stewardship efforts with foundation board and executive director
- Stay current with fundraising trends and stewardship best practices and make recommendations to update or improve stewardship practices
- Become proficient at all aspects of the CRM database, including data entry and report generation, with the ability to manipulate data and create reports, record all donation information and maintain communication records with donors
- Collect and record planned giving interest forms and requests.
- Initiate planned giving engagement plan.
- Develop and implement program to educate collegiate members on the purpose of the Kappa Delta Foundation
- Work with chapter contact to acknowledge donors
- Manage stewardship of donors
- Support foundation social media. Contributions may include:
- Develop editorial calendar
- Coordinate plans with KDS communications team to develop collaborative and strategic plan
- Research trends in non-profit social media
- Recommend strategies that will increase engagement and support fundraising initiatives
- Curate photos and create images to accompany posts
- Produce quarterly reports that show engagement and fundraising successes
- Work with Sorority staff to develop and execute marketing plan for foundation funded programs and training.
- Manage volunteer recruitment for foundation committees.
- Design event invitations, note cards and stewardship materials as needed.
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
In addition, the candidate will offer:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team-oriented professional work style
- Loyalty to and respect for the foundation’s leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to assess office needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines with the ability to manage competing demands for time
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel occasionally for national conferences
- Experience using Canva or other design platforms is a plus
- Membership in Kappa Delta Sorority is a plus
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to operate a computer and navigate applications with a smart phone, computer, and or tablet.
- Position may require prolong periods of sitting.
- Must be able to use hand and arms for repetitive movement such as movement of wrists, hands, and fingers while typing.
- Must be able to converse with colleagues via phone and computer programs.
- Vision required to see electronic devices.
To apply for this job please visit resourcelibrary.kappadelta.org.