POSITION SUMMARY: This full-time position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA program(s). YMCA Community Action Program (Y-CAP) and Y Achievers are programs that work with kids and families in conjunction with schools to provide social-emotional development as well as career and college exploration.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. This includes direct service to program participants per established program models.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
4. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
5. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
6. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
7. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
8. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events as needed.
9. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
10. Compiles program statistics that can be used for grant reporting. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned. The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Youth & Family Programming
● Organizes, oversees & evaluates program activities and events for Summer Learning Loss Prevention and Y-CAP Memphis.
● Recruits and coordinates volunteers from the local community and specifically University of Memphis.
● Ensures accurate tracking and monitoring of all program level data and results.
● Provides grant management support
● Secures facilities for program activities and events
● Hires, trains and supervises assigned staff which may include coordinators.
● Develops and distributes program calendar and newsletter.
● Organizes and coordinates family and youth activities and events.
● Implements and trains other staff on appropriate intervention program(s)
● Adheres to all Association policy and curriculum guidelines
● Receive and maintain appropriate driving certification to operate YMCA program transportation
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of the team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Two years or more years related experience preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
● Must be able to meet DHS licensing requirements
Deadline to apply: April 30
To apply for this job please visit us61e2.dayforcehcm.com.