Memphis Athletic Ministries
Founded in 1998, Memphis Athletic Ministries(MAM) exists to coach, grow, and lead the youth of Memphis by helping them discover their identity in Christ and their purpose in the community. MAM’s vision is to see identity found, hope restored, and lives changed. MAM serves more than 1,800 youth through year-round Christ-centered sports and afterschool programming.
The Community Engagement Coordinator supports MAM’s vision and mission through community engagement, relationship building and volunteer recruitment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: connecting volunteers with the ministry of MAM, igniting passion in individuals to give of their time, talent and treasure and clearly communicating the vision of MAM to the community. This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with Neighborhood Directors, Program Directors and the Marketing Coordinator.
- Recruit and train new volunteers on MAM policies and procedures
- Empower and encourage current volunteers across the ministry of MAM
- Organize and host ongoing events for trainings, social gatherings, coaching clinics and volunteer appreciation
- Pursue new networks for recruiting volunteers including individuals, colleges and universities, churches, businesses and partner organizations
- Strengthen existing partnership relationships across the city
- Meet with Neighborhood Directors and Program Directors regularly to stay updated with current and upcoming volunteer needs
- Represent MAM at community events as needed (may include nights/weekends)
- Assist the CDO in development tasks as needed including sharing new contacts gained in volunteer recruitment or contacting donors.
- Contribute content to the newsletter, blog, emails, grant requests and external communications
- Manage annual community engagement budget
Qualifications and Skills
- A follower of Christ, representing our mission, vision and core values in their personal walk inside and outside of MAM
- Able to effectively communicate and exemplify the gospel in all settings
- An active member of a local church congregation
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Self-aware and able to accept and give feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to deliver trainings to be culturally responsive, trauma informed, and research driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a variety of audiences to empower and elevate others and seek clarity
- Understanding of sports based youth development and basic sports rules and tactics
- Organized and detail oriented with an ability to execute in a fast moving, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with a solution oriented approach with a high tolerance for adversity and uncertainty
- Vigor and excitement to motivate others towards coaching, growing, and leading youth
- Transportation required
- Full individual benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, long term disability, etc.
- Voluntary benefits available for family members
- 10 days paid vacation (accrued) & various paid holidays
- 20 day sabbatical after 5 consecutive years of full-time employment
- Cell phone package provided by MAM at discounted rate with any additional cost incurred by employee
Resumes can be emailed to Brian McCurry, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com