Website Streets Ministries
Streets Ministries is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization with two sites located in some of Memphis’ toughest
neighborhoods. Founded in 1987, STREETS now serves nearly 400 students a day providing
opportunities and resources to help them find their path to academic, spiritual, and physical achievement.
For more information, please visit our website at streetsministries.org.
Job Title: Communications and Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director & Development Manager
Job Summary: Provide a connection to Streets Ministries through effective communications and
fulfilling volunteer experiences. The Communications and Volunteer Coordinator is a dual position
working with the Executive Director and Development Manager in the following areas:
● Marketing Communications
Summary of essential job functions:
To raise public awareness of our organization through online and offline channels. Communicate the
impact of STREETS to a variety of audiences, including the general public, donors, and other
stakeholders and staff. The Communications & Volunteer Coordinator will:
● Be responsible for the content, production, and distribution of newsletters.
● Write regular email updates.
● Manage social media by providing relevant and engaging posts.
● Make short videos and take photographs for PR material and social media.
● Update and/or develop brochures and marketing materials.
● Edit all promotional materials prior to distribution.
● Serve as a point of contact for media inquiries.
● Website upkeep (Site Wrench).
To grow the funding base at Streets, it is important that we have more to offer donors than just an
openhand. As a result, we must continue to develop “user-friendly” volunteer programs that provide
outsiders with a glimpse of what we do while adding value to the community. Primary categories of
responsibility for this position include, but are not limited to:
● Identify and train community volunteers to support the mission of STREETS.
● Increase community interest and awareness by attending volunteer recruitment events and
provide presentations to highlight STREETS’ work and volunteer opportunities to churches,
universities, corporations, and other partners in the community.
● Process volunteer applications, perform background checks, as well as other paperwork.
● Coordinate volunteer opportunities with ministry staff and volunteers.
● Write thank you notes to volunteers.
● Recruit and manage group mission projects.
● Maintain effective and accurate volunteer database.
Work with the Development Manager in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and
communications. Streets is supported by foundations, churches, individuals, and corporations. In
addition to maintaining this support, the Communications and Volunteer Coordinator will also:
● Assist with grant applications, including the writing, binding, printing and delivery.
● Aid in the reporting (to grantors) of existing grants.
● Write thank you notes to donors.
● Provide support with giving campaigns and direct mailings.
● Other tasks as needed under the direction of the Development Manager and Executive Director.
● Related degree preferred.
● Must possess passion for the mission of STREETS Ministries.
● Maintain the highest moral integrity in personal and professional life.
● Agree to STREETS Ministries’ Statement of Faith.
● Flexibility in scheduling with occasional evening or weekend work.
● Must legally reside in the United States and pass a pre-employment background check.
Additional Skills Required
● Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills.
● Communicates clearly and effectively.
● Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
● Possess strong organizational skills.
● Ability to initiate and manage projects.
● Is familiar with publishing and marketing programs like Adobe and MailChimp.
● Computer proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher and
● Manages time efficiently.
● Ability to write for a variant of platforms.
Environmental and Working Conditions
• Office oriented work.
• Travel requirements: local events as needed.
In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit streets.cloud9strategies.com.