City Year Memphis is seeking an Analytics & Operations Manager (AOM) to support the Service and Program Teams. The Analytics & Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the management of the site’s data collection, analysis and systems management, as well as the site’s operations: IT and AmeriCorps Member onboarding. Reporting directly to the Director of Education and Learning (DEL), the office-based Analytics & Operations Manager plays an integral role on the Service team, in support of and collaboration with, the Program Team, by ensuring consistent collection of and access to high quality data and resources needed to implement Whole School, Whole Child (WSWC) with fidelity.
Data Collection & Management
- Manage school year set-up through Focus List Creation workbooks and within cyschoolhouse (data management system) including: upload & update student rosters, create focus list sections, assign indicator areas, etc.
- Ensure Corps Members are trained in using cyschoolhouse to enter intervention time
- Train Impact Team in use of cyschoolhouse to hold Corps Members accountable to consistent data entry
- Provide consistent reports to Impact Team on progress towards intervention time goals
- Manage gradebook set up and cyschoolhouse input of student growth data (average daily attendance, grades, and benchmark scores)
- Troubleshoot cyschoolhouse difficulties with Impact Manager
- Ensure quality of data entry through audits of spreadsheets and cyschoolhouse
- Stay up to date on City Year analytics processes, deadlines and best practices through consistent touchpoints with City Year Headquarters
- In collaboration with The Service Team, analyze student-level data to strengthen overall service delivery at partner schools.
- In partnership with the DEL, help to build out data sharing and management resources, tools, processes and expectations at every level of the organization
- Respond to data requests from staff across the site and support internal evaluation work.
- Participate in data collection and analysis for evaluation studies (e.g. assist with focus groups, design survey questions, manipulate large sets of student data).
Data Sharing & Education
- Create and manage a “data house” where staff will enter and review data monthly to ensure cross-departmental data knowledge & sharing, and will position City Year Memphis well in the education landscape
- Facilitate regular data reviews with staff to inform site priorities
- Train site staff and provide ongoing support and coaching on impact outputs, data entry and data usage
- Work with other departments to develop new systems and policies to improve data collection, integrity, and dissemination of information
- Support in Corps Member Onboarding including uniform sizing, ordering, distribution, and tracking.
- Serve as Corps HR Operations point alongside the DEL; oversee corps background checks, onboarding cyresource tasks, and egrants acceptance completion
- As needed, in coordination with the service team, create materials (ie: training, lesson planning, coaching, continuous improvement/analytics) that support continuous improvement and high quality implementation of City Year’s service model, Whole School, Whole Child, and support the AmeriCorps Member’s experience
- Serve as site IT expert; join weekly IT meetings; connect Memphis team to National IT department and share IT learning with Memphis team; monitor site computer usage
Site and Network Collaboration
- Participate in observations and field support as needed to help understand the training and service needs of AmeriCorps members.
- Act as active member of the City Year national network; the AOM may also be asked to lead on select network initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics or equivalent subject preferred.
- Comfort with core statistics and data modeling concepts highly preferred.
- Experience working in the education context preferred. Experience with education data and/or student information systems a plus.
- Experience in non-profit, social service, or City Year/AmeriCorps/Peace Corps a plus.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis software (e.g. Excel, Python, R, etc…) preferred
- Proficiency with data visualization software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc…) preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Additional Qualities Needed
- Ability to link organizational mission to individual work, and support development and implementation of departmental or program strategy.
- Believe in the value of providing consistent, accurate, and real-time data to all levels of the organization to drive outcomes and build evaluation capacity of the organization
- Strong self-starter, able to work well independently and as a team member
- Enjoy learning new skills to meet the needs of the team and the organization
- Experience with and commitment to community service and development of young people as leaders.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document.
Employment is contingent upon completion of all satisfactory background checks, verification of your eligibility to work in the United States, and any other documentation that may be required. Your employment with City Year is at will and either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
City Year’s core values include advancing diversity, social justice for all, and inclusive environments where everyone can thrive. We aspire to become an antiracist organization, to support the holistic growth and development of our AmeriCorps members, and to promote educational equity for all students. We work each day, in partnership with schools and communities, to ensure that people of all identities feel welcome, valued, empowered and engaged.
As an equal opportunity employer, City Year is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
City Year encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit cityyear.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.