World Relief Memphis
PART-TIME ESL INSTRUCTOR
Why this job is amazing:
You have the chance to closely interact with adult non-native speakers 2-4 times a
week by teaching them English. Each student needs to improve their English to
survive and thrive in Memphis. Many friendships blossom at Connect Language
Center and you will be inspired by the sacrifices our students make to learn!
Our next courses run from:
October 10-December 15, 2022 and January 9-March 10, 2023.
• BA/MA in English, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, or a related field. Or degree with 120-hour
TEFL certificate with in-person practicum.
•1 year+ teaching experience
*Those with less than experience but passionate about the role will be
considered for teaching mentorships at the CLC.
• Works directly with the Director for teaching assignments.
• Teach, interact with, and build rapport with students to maintain a professional,
engaging, and communicative learning atmosphere.
About the Role:
• Available class schedules are teaching from 6:30-8:30pm on Mondays and
Wednesdays/Tuesdays and Thursdays OR in the morning from 9:30-11:30am.
• You are responsible for teaching your course, but some resources are provided: textbook,
communicative activities, pronunciation instruction, etc.
• Course cycles are 10-weeks long (40 instructional hours) and there will be two teacher
meetings per course cycle with some professional development.
Starting at $25 per instructional hour and commensurate with experience and education for
those with pre-existing TEFL certificates; starting at $20 for those enrolling in teacher
mentorships for the class cycle.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org