Website Memphis Grizzlies
As a member of the Ticket Sales and Service Team, the Account Executive, Ticket Sales is responsible for maximizing revenue by identifying business opportunities and selling a full menu of NBA G League ticket products (season tickets, group events and partial plans) to Memphis Hustle fans and local businesses. In this position, success is enhanced through outside sales appointments with businesses and outbound phone efforts.
In This Role You Will
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all individual performance and developmental goals within specified time frames.
- Identify new business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting, and following up with sales leads while representing the organization at functions throughout the region.
- Build relationships with prospective customers via outbound telephone efforts and enhance those relationships through face-to-face appointments.
- Responsible for, but not limited to the sales of new full, partial, and group ticket packages to both corporations and individuals.
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, and referral gathering.
- Provide world-class customer service to account base to maximize renewal rates
- Develop new prospects and referral opportunities by working all home games at Landers Center as well as other select sales and service events.
- Update and maintain customer information and payments using Archtics and CRM.
- Actively participate in team member sales training and development opportunities.
- Contribute positively to the sales team member culture through working relationships with all team members.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, a team builder and a team player.
- A creative, energetic, positive, and self-motivated person. Must be diplomatic, mature, and professional.
- At least one year of successful sales experience with a professional sports team or other sales-focused organization preferred.
- Must have a passion for the sports and entertainment industry.
- Must be available to work all events, some falling on weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with SalesForce CRM and/or any ticketing system is a plus.
- An endlessly positive attitude, enthusiastic mindset, and self-starter mentality with entrepreneurial spirit.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and passion for NBA G-League basketball.
With or without accommodation:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds at a time.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret information.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, and feel.
- Must possess visual activity, i.e.: close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous stretching, standing, and walking, including up and downstairs.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, sit, and climb.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Free parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Paternity Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
Connect With Us!
To apply for this job please visit careers-grizzlies.icims.com.